The business world is often described as a highly competitive environment in which you have to struggle to get ahead. Okay, to a good extent, that’s very real. Entrepreneurs need thick skin, determination and intense focus to be effective. But it is also important for entrepreneurs to note the importance of kindness.
With World Children’s Day coming up on November 13, take a few minutes to read these 11 excerpts. We can all teach us important lessons about business, innovation and being a good human being.
1. “Remember there’s no such thing as a little act of kindness. Every single act creates a ripple with no logical end.” — Scott Adams, Dilbert Creator and Author
Company gives you a chance to change the world and affect others. Kindness does the same thing, and you can affect many others with a single act. Pairing kindness with your company will give you a powerful opportunity.
2. “Kindness can become its own motive. Humans are made kind by being kind.” — Eric Hoffer, Philosopher and Author
Sometimes in your life, you’ve got to fake it until you make it. Many of us don’t feel generous in the night. However, when you concentrate on thinking positively and bringing love to every encounter during the day, you might just begin to feel the energy spread to more of your interactions. The fact is, kindness can become a driving force in your company that can be part of your mission, your story and even your branding.
3. “If you want to be a rebel, at least be kind.” — Pancho Ramos Stierle, Activist
In a world that is often jaded, kindness can be the ultimate act of rebellion. Volunteering on a non-profit basis, contributing a portion of your business profits or working as a mentor to young entrepreneurs can all help you stand out for the right reasons.
4. “He said: The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” — Mahatma Gandhi
Kindness could be transformative. Volunteer experience can give you new ideas for a company or a project. Helping another business owner or pairing up a partnership will help you better define your own future business opportunities. Maybe it won’t teach you any of that, and you’re just going to feel energized by being kind. Regardless, by supporting others, you will grow up as an adult.
5. “Man kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the figure of a free people, a nation does not have to be cruel to be tough.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
A nation doesn’t have to be cruel to be tough, nor does your business. By designing your company with kindness in mind, customers and clients will recognize and respect both you and your business.
6. “Starting today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.” — Og Mandino, Author
In business and in life, it’s all too easy to put aside those things that we really should give priority to. Find a way to make improvements to your business today. Be kind, start a new project and build a personal relationship with your clients.
7. “You might be rich in spirit, kindness, love and all those things that you can’t put a dollar sign on.” – Dolly Parton
You may have started a business with the goal of turning into made, however cash is just a technique to live a fortune. make certain to balance your vocation together with your personal life so you’ll fancy love, kindness and people alternative parts which will conjointly build your fortune.
8. “You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
Emerson speaks here about the temporary nature of everything in life. Keeping this in mind may cause you to wish to prevent and measure however you treat individuals, whether or not they are competitors or co-workers. however are you able to create a distinction in someone’s life today?