Who doesn’t love a warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie straight from the oven? Whether you’re a seasoned baker or just starting out, making the ultimate chocolate chip cookies is an art that anyone can master. In this blog post, we’ll share our tried and true recipe along with some tips and tricks to ensure your cookies turn out perfect every time.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop rounded balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the centers are slightly soft.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips and Tricks:
- For extra chewy cookies, refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour before baking.
- Experiment with different types of chocolate chips, such as milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or even white chocolate.
- Don’t overmix the dough – this can lead to tough cookies. Mix until just combined.
- If you prefer thinner cookies, flatten the dough balls slightly before baking.
- Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Baking the ultimate chocolate chip cookies is a delicious and rewarding experience. With the right ingredients and techniques, you can create cookies that are crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and filled with gooey chocolatey goodness. So grab your apron, preheat your oven, and get ready to enjoy the sweet aroma of freshly baked cookies filling your kitchen.